Monarch Elementary School
Making Everyone Stars
|Union County Schools and its stakeholders commit to students first in building community, excellence, and life-long learning.|
|Motto||Making Everyone Stars|
|Beliefs||We believe that:
*although children learn in different ways, everyone has the ability to learn.
*all children can be valuable, contributing members of the environment.
*the family is the foundation of society.
*educating the total child is the most critical function of society.
*children are the greatest resource of the future.
*lifelong learning is essential for success.
*a safe and positive environment is vital.
|Vision||We envision a school with improved technology and community involvement where appropriate educational experiences maximize the success and achievement for every child. In this school, students are well-behaved and successful as they study a standards-based curriculum. It extends its spirit of community and excitement of learning to all who enter its doors, accepting students where they are and helping them to reach their fullest potential. Teachers and students have a strong sense of pride in their school. Faculty, staff, students, and parents come together as one supportive community to improve student achievement. Even though we often face many obstacles in the task of educating students in the twenty-first century, we can overcome obstacles and achieve success by heeding our school motto - "Making Everyone Stars."|
Our school goals for the2011-2012 school year are:
* to increase state test scores by continuing to align the S.C. Standards to the curriculum
* to review MAP testing results and revise teaching strategies to meet the needs of our
* to continue to follow Literacy Spot and Exemplary Writing criteria for our classrooms and school
* to continue the revised implementation of PBIS
* to ensure a pleasant school climate
* to continue professional study groups to improve instruction in grades K-5
(Crunchtime and Comprehending Math)
* to continue to implement Smart 3 Curriculum Guides
* to continue parenting programs throughout the year such as Parent/Student Orientation Nights, The Night
Before Kindergarten, Family Reading Nights, "Family Picnic," Family Writing Nights, Family Walks in the
Park afternoons, and Family Science Nights
* to continue participation in the Netscope mentoring program
* to continue collecting data in assessment notebooks on each student
* to strengthen the School Improvement Council as a more integral part of school-wide
* to continue to promote parent involvement through PTO, parent conferences, and
* to work with Winthrop University NETSCOPE as a partner school
* to continue technology workshops to stay abreast of current trends
* to continue to work with Save the Children personnel to promote literacy skills, nutrition, and Healthy
*to continue to follow the Response to Intervention model for all at-risk students
I'm a Monarch Superstar,
I'm the best by far;
I'm responsible for what I do,
I'll always show respect to you.
Together we'll strive,
To make our dreams come alive.
|Colors||Blue and Yellow|
Staff Directory/Calendar/Media Center/
Union County Schools